Continuous Improvement Engineer - Food
Employment Type: Full-Time
Immediate need for a skilled CI / Performance Engineer who will lead continuous improvement efforts for a food manufacturer running a high volume, 24/7 facility producing perishable goods. This is an on-the-floor, hands-on position that is going to drive overall production performance. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to own Continuous Improvement for an entire facility. Business is owned by a
multi-billion-dollar global organization, and with success in this role you will get visibility across this entire organization.
- Be the lead CI focusing on operational excellence improvements for the facility (reporting to the Production Manager)
- Increase overall performance; through excellent troubleshooting, root cause analysis
- In-depth analysis of machinery performance
- Focus on productivity with yield, OE, product quality enhancement
- Institute/improve Lean Methodologies across the business
- Reduction of overall cost of goods
- Increase raw material utilization (yield)
- Reduce defects within manufacturing processes and increase overall throughput
- Reduce environmental impacts (water/energy)
- Business unit value stream mapping
- Design & develop process for the future
Required Skills and Experience:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- 3 - 15+ years’ CI leadership or engineering experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Food manufacturing or similar experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or related field desired. Black or Green Belt Lean
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Knowledge of process/continuous improvement tools, methodologies and practices
- Knowledge of root cause analysis
- Technical knowledge of mechanics
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred
- Ability to work in a hands-on, fast-paced manufacturing environment – innate sense of curiosity is a must!
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the plant and across the organization
Loading some great jobs for you...