Project Engineer II
Compensation: $85,250.00 - $124,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
This company is a fast- growing aerospace company that design, develops, certifies, and manufactures components for commercial and military aircraft.
The Project Engineer will serve in a technical management lead role in new product development for fuel measurement and management systems for the military and commercial aircraft, both on contract-driven design projects and internal Innovation, Research & Development (IR&D) efforts.
The Project Engineer will directly assist with the design, development, test, qualification, and production release phases of product development, and will interface with existing and future customers. Job Requirements:
- Independently plans and supports the design and development of advanced electro-mechanical systems in a fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Prepares test plans, analyzes test data, and prepares reports to support project activity, and maintains up-to-date records of project test results
- Performs activities in a wide variety of cross-functional areas including design engineering, materials development, manufacturing process development, and supplier development
- Familiarity and understanding of FAA and DOD certification requirements and process, including DO178, DO-254, DO160, Mil-Std 481 and Mil-Std 810. Specific experience in certification of products under the TSO process is desired
- Familiarity with ASTM/ANSI test standards.
- Must understand fundamentals of Root Cause Analysis
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult determinations regarding the quality, safety, and compliance of products and materials
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization and write process documentation that is understandable for those with limited technical background.
- Education & Experience Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline and 5-8 years’ experience in the aerospace industry.
- Should have direct experience in certifying electro-mechanical systems to FAA and DoD requirements.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in a technical discipline or Project Management. Must be a US Person.
Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Project* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...