- HKA Enterprises
- $83,400.00 -117,840.00/year*
242 Main St
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Mechanical Engineer II!
- The Mechanical Engineer II is responsible for the completion of design and creation of detail drawings related to aerospace fuel systems components and assemblies. This includes the ability to use Mechanical Engineering principles in the design/creation of 3D models for complex machined and fabricated components, and creating detail drawings of complex parts, subassemblies, and assemblies. The Mechanical Engineer II will be expected to lead a technical multidisciplinary team in the design, release, and qualification of fuel system components for the aerospace market.
- The Mechanical Engineer II will collaborate with peers and managers to improve department efficiency and reduce the cost of component development and detailing of components. This includes use of continuous improvement tools and techniques as it relates to component design and documentation. Good communication skills, discipline, and the ability to work in a team environment or independently when needed are essential for this position. Occasional travel may be required.
Specific duties include:
- Perform mechanical engineering duties in the planning, designing, and maintenance of products relating to aerospace, defense, and commercial industries.
- Knowledge of design techniques, 3-D modeling software and blueprint reading required.
- Interface with external customers, suppliers and test houses for successful product qualification and integration of LMS products into aerospace platforms.
- Utilize LMS s standard drawing/modeling templates when creating new drawings or models.
- Work independently on completion of projects and/or assignments.
- Document Change Requests (CRs) utilizing LMS s change request procedures and workflows.
- Use initiative to develop products or improvements in LMS products for improved customer satisfaction.
- Experience with SolidWorks or equivalent computer aided design (CAD) software. Ability to create, modify and improve existing drawings and specifications, using this tool, as directed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SOLIDWORKS Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) for securely storing and indexing design data for fast retrieval, maintain version control, eliminate data loss, and sharing and collaborating on mechanical designs and documentation with stakeholders inside the organization.
- Create an electronic workflow to formalize, manage, and optimize development, document approval, and engineering change processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Documentation and interpretation of mechanical drawings to American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Standard Y14.5 or equivalent.
- Be the LMS Subject Matter Expert on cable and harness designs.
- Represent LMS engineering department in intercompany material review board (MRB), change control board (CCB), and nonconforming material (NCMR) dispositions.
- Mechanical Engineering coverage for the Probe, Signal Conditioner, and Indicator assembly lines.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in the design of new components and assemblies.
- Assist in the testing and documentation of product validation.
- Assist in vendor selection for new and existing processes and products as directed.
- Work under the direction assigned by Project Engineer/Program Manager.
- Assume lead design engineer responsibilities for major phases of engineering activity.
- Provide leadership for development projects as Project Engineer, as overall technical lead, coordinating with Program Manager to ensure customer technical requirements are understood and accomplished.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Associated topics: assembly, automotive, brakes, catia, bsme, fluid, powertrain, propulsion, solidworks, turbomachinery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...